[FRIAM] [WedTech] Zoom invite for March 20 Virtual FRIAM

Stephen Guerin stephen.guerin at redfish.com
Thu Mar 19 00:20:53 EDT 2020

I reserved the meeting from 9a - 12p thinking the first 30 minutes will be
getting settled and then folks may come and go like normal FRIAM.

We will be limited to 100 attendees. First come first serve. I suspect
we'll get 30 or so. If we do reach the limit and folks are dialing in on
phone and then logging in on computer for screen share, please consider
dialing back to one client. If we need to and this will be ongoing we can
upgrade to 500 attendees. Folks can chip in a roll of toilet paper to help
out.

*Zoom requires a download. *

New users can test ahead of time with a free account. If you are new to
zoom, this will minimize using the conference time for tech support.  Try
things like

Minimum:

   - mute/unmute
   - testing microphone/speakers
   - turning off speakers or microphones if two are in the same room giving
   feedback
   - general UI navigation

Other:

   - sharing your screen
   - zooming different cameras and screens to fullscreen
   - comparing Bluetooth and wired headsets (recommended) vs device
   microphone / speakers
   - comparing calling in on phone vs using computer audio
   - sharing files and urls
   - using chat and private messages
   - turning camera on and off
   - compare attending on phone vs computer. A good way to test is to use
   both at home and one be the host and the other participant.
   - using tap to speak on phone

Play Host:

- play host and having attendees raise hand. Please wash for 20 seconds
after doing so.
- have moderator assistants watching chat and calling on folks to speak

- passing host control
- mute all and call on raised hands
- lock meeting / passwords
- recording to cloud or desktop

Having these skills are going to be important for the next 4 months :-)

Stephen.Guerin at Redfish.com
1600 Lena St #D1, Santa Fe, NM 87505
office: (505) 995-0206  mobile: (505) 577-5828
tw: @redfishgroup  skype: redfishgroup
redfish.com  |  simtable.com