[FRIAM] Outbreak Simulation

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 08:53:59 EDT 2020

Mmm. Well. That is true our medical system is a fragile mess as is. My
concern that I realize is a pretty unpopular opinion is a total lack of
perspective. One side of that is you have a higher risk getting hit by a
car than not making it through this, what ever it is.   I gather the real
issue isn't that, it's people who for what ever reason don't quite stay at
some dry caugh cold, nasty flue like stage but  then also get just nastily
congested lungs that need sterrioids and oxygen.
And all of that on top of a surreal amount of hyping up the negative and
turning it into a WWF style match from media. "PANDEMIC 2000 (PANDEMIC,
DEMIC EPIDEMIC MOOONSTER DEMIC RACING 2020!!! ALL THE...SAME SOUND BYTES
NOW WITH MORE COWBELL!!!"  I don't know if that'll read well in text.
Anyone that was a kid of the 80s(us) and they'd have this truck rally adds
on Saturdays and Sometimes Sundays. I imagine how that'd sound with this
Max-Hendroomy thing of turning this epidemic into something like that. As
if it's a 80s WWF wrestling match

But then also the scientists I don't think are saying lock yourself
inside.(yet) Pretty disturbing to call 'Eh well try to avoid people' as
Social Distancing.