[FRIAM] Warring Darwinians for Glen, Steve

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri May 1 17:56:06 EDT 2020

Excellent! Now we're getting somewhere. So the problem of qualia and, say, whether or not we could build a machine that *enjoys* playing the piano, you fall in the camp of the strong-AI people. We can definitely build a machine that thinks and feels just like a human. Is that right?

(Full disclosure: I'm a strong-AI person. But I'm also pretty practical in my understanding of AI and the achievement of it exists far beyond at least one inflection point. And we'll probably all go extinct before it happens.)

--
☣ uǝlƃ