[FRIAM] The last bookstore

Roger Critchlow rec at elf.org
Mon Sep 7 10:21:32 EDT 2020

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 1:54 PM Steve Smith <sasmyth at swcp.com> wrote:

> That is a cool anecdote Roger...  and I thank you for your own
> moving-book-sale when you left Santa Fe (10 years ago now???) and I picked
> up a boxfull of books I didn't need (but really appreciated anyway).

On  Powell's website, their logo image says "Est. 1971" which is the summer
I moved to Portland to start college at Reed.

I still have a couple of boxes of books I can't part with, they're in a
closet in Santa Fe awaiting shipment to Boston.  And I still buy them, but
most of the reading happens electronically.

-- rec --