[FRIAM] hot time in town tonight

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Sun Sep 20 20:16:03 EDT 2020

> It seems to me that both 'states' are delusional.
Both do seem to be *projections* of *value* onto "is what is"...
> What if the distinction between apocalyptic state and an efflorescent state is illusory and simply a function of one's perspective? I.e. every single happy thing faces apocalypse every time the shit hits the SteveS ... I mean,  the fan 8^D ... and every stressed thing faces the efflorescent every time the shit hits the fan? One person's collapse is another's maximal opportunity? And further, the shit is always hitting the fan. But the privileged don't *notice* because the transition is from one efflorescent state to another, for them. That implies a 2nd order apocalypse/efflorescence ... patterns within patterns.

Every Utopia is also a Dystopia...

I don't know that I've engaged much in the larger discussions of
"meaning" here (except in my head and maybe even deleted missives),
being out of my Pearcean Depth and all, but what *can* we say about
values (or the quality and sense of what we concern ourselves with?),
relative or otherwise?   I personally try to scope the subject of my
"concern" as wide as I know how to, but I also recognize that when
stressed that tends to shrink back toward a point centered somewhere in
the dark heart of my ego, and I tend to assume the same happens to
others as well, with different contexts, inputs, assumptions, etc.

Here we are, being "Life at the Edge of Chaos" which is, of course a
ragged, structure-at-all-scales, etc. (fractal) "edge" and as we think
that we have pushed ourselves right up to that edge, we discover there
are other dimensions and hair-splittings that let us get closer to, or
more to the point, resolve a finer edge.