[FRIAM] God in Science and Religion (was Re: why some people hate cops)

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Sep 26 01:04:07 EDT 2020

Eric writes:

< I know for myself that one of the reasons I went into the recreation of trying to figure things out is that I didn’t like pushy people, but didn’t want to become one to keep them at bay.  It seemed there was a third way, which was to be right about things, or to see things coming, and let the others run aground on their own errors without my participation. >

It would be nice if a standard feature of a car horn would be to deliver to the user a mild electric shock -- just to discourage needless use.

Now after four years of a being tailgated by honking lunatics that have limbs hanging from their metaphorical grilles, I see the value in tightening my seat belt and dropping it into reverse.  Hanlon's razor seems kind of sentimental by today's standards.   Incompetence can be an accelerant of the conflagration of malice:  "We've run aground..  So NOW we rape and pillage!"

Marcus