[FRIAM] Free Will in the Atlantic

Pieter Steenekamp pieters at randcontrols.co.za
Fri Apr 2 14:22:08 EDT 2021

My opinion (for what it's worth) is that we will one day "grow" emergent
complexity like consciousness in software using ABM and as humans we won't
really understand the outcome. Exactly as we'll never "understand" human
consciousness and perceived free will, etc. The only difference is it will
be silicon not carbon.
There's already applications, like traffic modelling where the emergent
behavior of the ABM matches reality much more accurately than any human
understanding