[FRIAM] what complexity science says ...

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Feb 8 14:19:57 EST 2021

I am assuming that there are parts of the spectrum a patient's cochlea is sensitive to, and others that it is not sensitive to.
I'm claiming that if the hearing profile for the patient is precise, and a hearing aid does some mapping from the original spectrum to a different one, e.g. using frequencies that aren't in the original signal, that there may still be the problem that the patient cannot adapt to the remapping, even though there is technically no information loss.