[FRIAM] civil war(s)

Roger Critchlow rec at elf.org
Wed Mar 10 18:41:53 EST 2021

Or chumming, as in throwing bloody fish in the water to attract sharks.

I read BLM protests on first scan as a reference to the Bundy stand-off,
per Wikipedia:

The 2014 *Bundy standoff* was an armed confrontation between supporters of
> cattle rancher Cliven Bundy <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliven_Bundy> and
> law enforcement following a 21-year legal dispute in which the United
> States Bureau of Land Management
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bureau_of_Land_Management> (BLM) obtained
> court orders directing Bundy to pay over $1 million in withheld grazing
> fees <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grazing_fees#United_States> for
> Bundy's use of federally owned land adjacent to Bundy's ranch in
> southeastern Nevada <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada>.

Just another note on the hazards of acronyms.  Especially with erratic
memories involved.

-- rec --