[FRIAM] great man theory

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Mar 12 14:58:42 EST 2021

glen -
> OK. But a) I don't think there was any snark in the caricatures. Your perception of it is, I think, an instance of imputation ... aspects of your model being attributed to the words. But, more importantly, b) Yes, of course it's caricature. That's the point.
I don't need to insist that the Snark I found in the lists was
endogenous to the list/list-maker...  only the list-maker could now that
for sure and might variously "own the snark" or "deny the snark" or if
your imputation is more accurate simply be "vacant of snark".
>  To look at our victims as full-blown humans gets in the way of our progress.

I don't know if Nietzsche said that first but it does seem like it could
be a paraphrase of one of his nihilistic piths.

I am inspired by the anti-Othering movement,  it serves my own
recovery/respite from a lifetime of participating in zero-sum
victim/victor games as offered by our popular culture as (sometimes? or
am I imputing again?) "the only game in town".

- steve