[FRIAM] Spandrel

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 13 21:40:41 EST 2021

Nick,

first apologies for arrogance in first reply. I should have said that I find the definition derived from Bonner to be more understandable — to me — and, I think, it offers an actual mechanism / rationale that is absent, again to me, than "elaboration of epiphenomenon."  I am enjoying the essay and i see an interesting connection with Wegner's *Arrival of the Fittest* book. That means Jenny Q will have to read it because and I are working on a paper in that area.

davew