[FRIAM] I am accepting wagers

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 17:45:02 EDT 2021

Yeah, but the arrogance lies in the word "similar". Is the Yeo and Lin site all that's needed? It took me to WAs "Phase Finder" just fine. (I already knew about it from my GP's recommendation. But it was nice to see the breadcrumbs.) But WA is, I think, ahead of the curve. It's the Feds' obligation to care for even the least techie or poorest citizen, regardless of what state they live in. There's a huge difference between "health care" and "public health". I'd argue that *any* project executed by *any* for profit corporation will come at a public health task with the wrong lens, much like the takeover of our armed forces by over-paid private contractors who can't even put up a non-toxic tent ... or even the recent shunt of Harvard's plan to open-source their vaccine. Back when I worked with the Army, they had some kind of catchphrase that I've forgotten about how easy the other branches had it, what with their nicely specific and particular missions. The Army has to do everything, everywhere, with everyone.

But it doesn't matter what my preconceptions are about mission creep and public health. Until someone tells me specifically what they *want* to do, there's no way to establish a similarity criterion. If you think you have a similarity criterion, it's probably wrong.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ