[FRIAM] Drones to detect wildfires

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed May 26 11:48:12 EDT 2021

Steve writes:

< Deferring to your and Marcus' and other's optimism that we can and will outrun the consequences (or perhaps Marcus' fatalism that we as a species are "long of tooth" and perhaps deserve to bring the house down on our own heads?), I can *hope* that we will find a phase change in the collective imaginarium around "human progress" not requiring that we continue to radically aberrate the current homeostasis of the biosphere. >

I was thinking of the possibility that some aspects of human intelligence would transform into a new physical form and be able to use less or different kinds of energy, tolerate different temperatures and/or more radiation, etc.   I don’t even see that as fatalism.    How or if that will happen, I have no idea.   Genetic engineering, neural linkage technologies, wafer scale machine learning systems?  Actually calling me fatalist or nihilist is fine, just don’t call me an optimist!  :-)

Marcus