[FRIAM] we are lost

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Sat Oct 30 15:40:43 EDT 2021

On 10/30/21 10:48 AM, Edward Angel wrote:
> Reasonableness is in the eye of the beholder. I doubt many Democrats
> would consider their economic and social positions reasonable.
I agree with this but also wonder how the social/political
discussion/playground can be shifted/reframed such that there is more
room for alliances among subfactions, overlap of interests, etc.   It
feels that our strong bimodal distribution across the axes implied in
Eric's analysis of Packer's essay yields a no-man's land that is hard to
cross.   As much as I wanted much more radical ideas/policies/actions
from Biden, I think he *does* represent someone who can straddle all
that better than Sanders or Warren might have.   I was a fan of
Buttegeig because of that, while being more generationally relevant to
those who will have to/get to live in the future we are paving with best
intentions right now.