[FRIAM] Can a robot have a soul?

Jochen Fromm jofr at cas-group.net
Mon Sep 20 13:27:04 EDT 2021

In computer science we have different levels of abstraction which are bridged by compilers and interpreters. A program in C for example can be compiled by a compiler to run on different machines which have different CPUs and different machine code languages.The personality of a person is similar: a diligent person for instance may have learned in childhood from his parents "I have to work hard so that I may have a better life one day" by hearing it again and again. Different children may have learned the same lesson but they have probably "encoded" it differently.An adaptive robot could be able to learn similar "lessons" - be kind, work hard, etc - if it starts to understand language. Therefore it could develop a kind of personality which is similar to us, although it is implemented differently, without biological matter. -J.
-------- Original message --------From: Marcus Daniels <marcus at snoutfarm.com> Date: 9/19/21  00:39  (GMT+01:00) To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam at redfish.com> Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Can a robot have a soul?
Oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, carbon, calcium, phosphorus, sulfur,
 potassium, sodium, chlorine, magnesium, plus some trace elements.