[FRIAM] unplanned [sen|obsol]escence

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Sep 24 15:31:29 EDT 2021

> Some good news in the case:
>
> Olympia police arrest man accused of shooting Proud Boy member during Sept. 4 clashes
> https://www.theolympian.com/news/local/crime/article254494632.html
>
> To be clear, we've had a front row seat for awhile. Reinoehl was killed in Lacey, which is tortuously intertwined with Olympia. I'm glad they didn't just kill this loser. But, assuming his day in court demonstrates his guilt, they'd better toss him in jail.
Do you have any more context on why the PNW (and more specifically
Portland and Olympia) have so much street action between extreme
Left/Right?
> I don't quite understand why you capitalize "BUT" below.
This is a red-herring.   I wasn't speaking specifically of this specific
incident but rather endorsing the position that *all* misunderstandings
of this type are based in the Sqew between disparate basis spaces of
values, and that any *honest* interest in understanding "the other"
would be focused on understanding these misalignments rather than
looking for the most egregious misalignment between two vectors with
similar names, but different implications by far.   Take anti-choice vs
pro-death arguments...   definitely a case of toxic strawmanning?
>  Had the local Antifa clearly parallaxed their values up front, similar to the way the Proud Boys parallax their values, it would have been more clear that this moron should not have brought his gun to town. The video of the shooting clearly delineates the Antifa who are (rapidly) walking away from the Proud Boy brown shirts. The distinction between those Antifa and the idiot who turns and fires his gun haphazardly is quite clear. If values parallax is irrelevant to action, what mechanism do you propose?

I think values parallax (to the extent I understand your intended
meaning) is highly relevant to action.

I'm not sure if you are suggesting in this example that there is
something about Antifa Values (local or global) that makes them more
likely to "bring their guns to town" and then to "fire them haphazardly"
while somehow the Proud Boys would (not just did) not (in this case)?
If it were Haight-Ashbury flower children clashing with Sonny Barger's
boys, it would be very clear that values parallax had a strong influence
on who got a daisy in the nose and who got lashed with a motorcycle chain.

We are probably just talking past one another (again).  Probably an
unrecognized misalignment in our basis vectors?