[FRIAM] Cautionary Tales: CliFi

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 13:28:41 EST 2022

This is where Marcus' Musk-as-philosopher-king goes astray. It's on display clearly with the recent kerfuffle between Joe Rogan and Neal Young. Although Rogan gives lip service to skepticism, open-mindedness, etc. what his celebrity actually does is promote faith-based decision making, much the same way we think of other influencers (whether by their billionaire status or media reach or whatever) as forces of nature. They're definitely not forces of nature. They're successful con artists. That's what the "con" in "con artist" means ... misplaced confidence.

--
glen
Theorem 3. There exists a double master function.