[FRIAM] Cautionary Tales: CliFi

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Jan 28 13:45:05 EST 2022

I think Rogan and Young are representative agents.  They are of course individuals and celebrities, but they mirror something like an eigenvector in a space of values and to some extent cognitive ability.   The tantalizing thing about a Trump is that he is just a guy that has tested a message on big audiences to find slogans that work.  The slogans then take on a life of their own like we see with anti-vaxxers diverging from Trump's narcissism about leading the Warp speed vaccine project.   Of COURSE, Trump has ZERO to do with the maturation of the mRNA vaccine idea.   But there are morons that believe that, and it is informative to use these representative agents to estimate how many morons there are of one sort or another.  DLU kind of got at this idea a little.   Now we have the means to identify the herds, but apparently poor tools for effectively herding.  I suspect what Glen believes is that there need not be herds nor herding.   If I were herding, of course, I'd look for a cliff.  But that's just me.