[FRIAM] Learning about Bayesian Statistics

Roger Critchlow rec at elf.org
Mon Feb 4 10:23:50 EST 2019

You could also look at Richard McElreath's Statistical Rethinking: A
Bayesian Course with Examples in R and Stan, a book, software package, and
youtube lectures.  McElreath is an anthropologist who studies the
development of social learning in primates, so naturally he teaches a
statistics course for natural and social scientists focused on getting data
to answer scientific questions.  The first two lectures explain why Bayes
and why an anthropologist is teaching statistics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WVelCswXo4&list=PLDcUM9US4XdNM4Edgs7weiyIguLSToZRI

-- rec --