[FRIAM] covid19.healthdata.org

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 14:18:36 EDT 2020

Sorry, I have never been much good at this screen capture thang.  Below are
fragments of two pages from the IHME website,

https://covid19.healthdata.org

the same website from which I sent you a bit of cheerful FAQ, last night.
You can get to any state and several countries, by clicking on the down
arrow beside the heading, United States of America.

The first screen shot shows how they understand what is going on in NM,
where they say that we have no "stay at home order" implemented.  And
indeed, there seems to be more "bustle" on the streets than I would have
expected.

The second shows their prediction of resource demand for the US generally,
which they claim will reach it's peak in a few days.  This just seems
howlingly optimistic.   I suppose they are thinking that the high population
centers are peaking now, and whatever happens in the South won't push us to
a higher peak if those blue-state numbers are falling.  Still ..

The FAQ seems to suggest that this will be a nightmare in the rear view
mirror as we all  gather for the 4th of July Celebration on the Mall, with
Trump soliciting adulation for his terrific response to the virus.  This HAS
to be nuts.  What am I missing, here?

Nick

Nicholas Thompson

ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com>