[FRIAM] vaccine

Jochen Fromm jofr at cas-group.net
Sun Aug 23 11:53:28 EDT 2020

In Russia you are not choosing to take a vaccine, you are chosen (if you are not poisoned or shot before). And they skip trial phases to be the first on the market, which is a bit like Russian roulette. Have you heard of Sputnik V ?I guess most people here in Europe would take an officially approved vaccine which has successfully passed all three trials. -J.
-------- Original message --------From: Prof David West <profwest at fastmail.fm> Date: 8/23/20  17:33  (GMT+01:00) To: friam at redfish.com Subject: [FRIAM] vaccine How many people on this list would take an approved (assume all standard procedures predated the approval) COVID vaccine if one were available?I'll hazard a guess that it would be close to 90%.A recent survey showed the percentages of those who would refuse a free government approved vaccine:19%   —  of Democrats24%   —  of 18-29 year olds30%  —  of people 65 and older33%  —  white Americans35%  —  large-city residents41%  —  non-white Americans44%  —  rural/farm residents53%  — RepublicansComments about how this proves the intelligence of Democrats over Republicans are not very interesting, even if the urge is overwhelming. Nor, comments about youth feeling invulnerable.Why so many old people?Why so many non-white people?Why so many large-city residents?How can the claim continue to be made that a vaccine is the only way to "return to normal?"How many of you that sheltering-in-place will be happy to emerge into a world where maybe a third of the population declines to be vaccinated?How many of you would be in favor of mandatory vaccinations?Full disclosure: I would decline a vaccination, just as I have never had a flu shot and just as I would never take a statin drug.davew- .... . -..-. . -. -.. -..-. .. ... -..-. .... . .-. .FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listservZoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  bit.ly/virtualfriamun/subscribe http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.comarchives: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/FRIAM-COMIC http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/