[FRIAM] Joscha Bach claims Microsoft sentient but not conscious

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 15:13:27 EDT 2024

"2nd order perception": exactly

But when he talks about it happening immediately, that only flattens time without flattening modes/dimensions, as I failed to express in my email about order versus meta: https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/2024-July/095575.html (snipped below). It's relatively easy to imagine how one can execute a function over both a primitive and a derivation from that primative (e.g. taste and f(taste)) simultaneously if you think in circuits rather than code. You simply draw a wire from the input into both a function and a junction with the output of that function which then feeds another function. (So-called data flow models of computation.) And what is that bag of meat in our heads if not a very messy (collection of) circuit(s)?

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ