[FRIAM] Joscha Bach claims Microsoft sentient but not conscious

steve smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Jul 16 19:56:39 EDT 2024

On 7/16/24 4:29 PM, Jochen Fromm wrote:
> A bit paradox: consciousness and language enable us to leave the
> bubble of nowness in which animals live

I like this, reminded that the bubble of nowness and hereness (and
thusness of our umwelt?), is transcended and transferable via language.

I think many of us conflate the ability to transfer or share or even
worse abstract our here/now/thus umwelt bubble as "consciousness"?

Thanks for the Bach descendency anecdote...  adds "color" to your own
here/now/thus serialized in your post!