[FRIAM] Back to the effing ineffable!

steve smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Jul 23 15:37:31 EDT 2024

was he the guy who named the Higgs Boson the "God Particle"?

GPT sez:

  # The nickname "God particle" was popularized by the media and comes
    from the title of the book "The God Particle: If the Universe Is the
    Answer, What Is the Question?" by physicist Leon Lederman.
  # Lederman originally wanted to call it the "Goddamn particle" because
    it was so difficult to detect, but his publisher shortened it to
    "God particle" for a more appealing title.