[FRIAM] FRIAM email delivery and reliability (was: Re: query and observation)

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Sat Sep 14 22:53:31 EDT 2019

Touche' APF-O standin McGuerin!

I know that ole Doc Strangelove has been very quiet for some time.

Your Symposiarch would seem to be a good stand in for a D&D master and
the threads on this list not unlike Zingale's aforementioned D&D campaigns.

I do sense burps in the list myself (usually as a response to a quote of
a post I haven't seen).   Sometimes posts come in (mildly) out of
order.    With the archives at fingertip I never worry much about it,
and to the extent FriAM is much more sport than anything I don't worry
much anyway!  I get the distinct impression that others experience a
different sieve than I do, but perhaps not a much more ambitious one.

I would accuse Nick of being the Maxwell Demon (more appropriately
Daemon?) based on the description as trying to extract intellectual work.